Thursday, November 11, 2010

Flow Charts

  


The two flow charts were fairly easy to produce, mainly because the processes for 1) researching "cognitive load" using Google Scholar and 2) purchasing a book on Amazon.com are simple and straight forward.  Though for as easy as they may seem to a seasoned internet user, they might prove more difficult for someone who is new to computers; I tried to compensate for this as much as possible by making the charts very detailed.

With each flow chart, I began by instructing the user to log into a specific web address, i.e. scholar.google.com or amazon.com.  From there, I arranged the various options in standard flow chart order, being sure to utilize the proper shapes for beginning, ending, steps, and questions.

What I gained most from this exercise was exactly how to organize a flow chart.  Having spent as much time on them as I did, I feel I now have a grip on the concepts behind the process.  In the future, I'd like to try making flow charts that explain more complex ideas, with more variables and paths.  I'd also like to be able to use more shapes, as the processes for these charts were essentially limited to ovals, diamonds, and rectangles.



No comments:

Post a Comment